I gotta tell you people. I can’t get enough of East Nashville. There are so many amazing things to do there and there is so much diversity. Here are a few of my favorite things (not surprising they mostly include food…)
1) Marche Artisan Foods: I love this restaurant. You can find me there practically every Sunday after church. it’s bright sunny windows open the whole place up and I love the beauty of their simply clad white table tops. I can’t ever get enough of their goat cheese with artisan bread appetizer and their pomegranate mimosas. If you haven’t been you must go!
2) 3 Crow Bar: If you are against smokers this is not the place for you. Smoky on the inside, interesting food, and a lot of regulars. If you attend this bar you often it becomes a part of your community. It is like the Cheers of this generation. Very hip and urban and lots of great people.
3) Margot: Owned by the same people as Marche there is a similarity between these two places. The service is just as impeccable and their menu changes just as often. I prefer Margot for dinner though. Have the server suggest a wonderful bottle of wine and pair it with a meal. You wont be disappointed in their expertise!
4) The Wienery: Wieners in East Nashville have become one of my traditions. Visit the full service wienery right outside of 5 points and it will never fail you. Want a big slice of dill on your dog? How about jalepenos? MMmmmm….
5) Eastland Cafe: Fantastic service, impeccable food, amazing wine, this place has it all. Located on Eastland itself there is easy parking and a beautiful atmosphere. Their menu is mouthwatering. A wonderful choice for a nice date.
6) Rosepepper Cantina: Get the avocado fried as an appetizer. I’m crazy about them. The fish tacos are also extremely good. If you leave without a margarita you are crazy.
East Nashville has many festivals throughout the year. We just wrapped up Tomato Fest (everything tomato) and we are moving on with our summer. I am proud to work out of East Nashville. It is another one of my homes in this amazing city. Go check it out!
-Libby Marshall, Buyer’s Agent – The Perry Property Group